Monday, July 28, 2008

School Days

Call me crazy but I've had about enough vacation time and I'm ready to get back to school. I'm going to start getting my room ready this week! I want to completely flip my room around. Okay Brad - I'll just move the things inside the room to the other side. It felt backwards last year. The majority of my students could see out the door and into the hall. If I move everything to the other side few should be able to do that. My desk is now in the back corner, I want it by the door. You get the idea. Anyone want to help?

I have a bee theme and have found a few cute new items and ideas but would love any suggestions or ideas from you. I'm also all ears for any fun things you or your kids may have done in school. For instance, I read on someones blog that they got to read their child's favorite book to the class on their birthday!! I love it and plan to do that this year.

(Geri if you read this will you please teach me how to find neat pictures and then add them. I couldn't figure it out - only know how to upload what is on my computer - oh and Rach is out of town:))

4 comments:

Cassie said...

I'll start thinking about some of the fun teachers (& their ideas) my kids have had. What grade do you teach? Have a fun school year.

MommaHobbs said...

I teach 2nd grade. In fact I have Jessica Barzee in my class this year. I know she is Ellen's granddaughter but I haven't looked to see who her dad is. You probably know. When I was typing her name on labels last night I couldn't help thinking about my 1st grade teacher Mrs. Furness and how much I loved her.

Cassie said...

Oh, that is a fun age. Our Mitch will be in 2nd grade this year. Jessica is Eric & NiCole's daughter. Eric is Ellen's youngest.
I don't know anyone that doesn't love Mrs. Furness. Ü

Adam,Emily, Paisley, Hayden, and Landon said...

I am so excited for to meet your new class! you are going to be a Mrs. Furness someday... oh wait you already are SISTER Hobley :D I love you and am so proud of you!